How Should You Prepare for Your Session?
- Plan ahead. Schedule an appointment as soon as you can after receiving a writing assignment.
- Determine what you would like to accomplish in your session. Identify specific questions and concerns that you want the writing mentor to address.
- Bring any relevant materials such as the assignment prompt, notes, an outline, or a rough draft.
- If you would like us to look over material you have written, please print it out; it is difficult for us to work with text on a laptop. It can be helpful to have two copies of your text: one for the writing mentor, and one for yourself.
- If you would like to discuss written feedback on your writing that you have received from an instructor or from a peer reviewer, please bring the relevant comments with you to your session.
- Make sure you have completed all relevant readings.
Interested in working as a peer writing mentor? Get the details on our “Be a Mentor” page, and check out our posting on Port Triton (Job #784066). The deadline for applications is April 30.