How Should You Prepare for Your Session?
- Plan ahead. Schedule an appointment as soon as you can after receiving a writing assignment.
- Determine what you would like to accomplish in your session. Identify specific questions and concerns that you want the writing mentor to address.
- Bring any relevant materials such as the assignment prompt, notes, an outline, or a rough draft.
- If you would like us to look over material you have written, please print it out; it is difficult for us to work with text on a laptop. It can be helpful to have two copies of your text: one for the writing mentor, and one for yourself.
- If you would like to discuss written feedback on your writing that you have received from an instructor or from a peer reviewer, please bring the relevant comments with you to your session.
- Make sure you have completed all relevant readings.
Our last day of service for Winter Quarter is Friday, March 14. We will be closed for finals week and Spring Break, and will re-open in the second week of Spring Quarter on Monday, April 7.